- 2 | Limits and Their Properties
- 3 | Differentiation
- 4 | Applications of Differentiation
- 5 | Integration
- 7 | Applications of Integration
- MAT 280: Homework
- MAT 280: Exams
- MAT 280: Sandbox
- MAT 280: Challenge
- MAT 280: Quizzes
- Differentitation Rules Reference Page
- Integration Rules Reference Page
- MAT280-602 6:15pm – 8:45pm (20 minute break) Room: B-322
Final Exam: July 2, 2015
|3 In-Class Exams||60%|
WeBWorK, Homework, Quizzes: WeBWorK, homework, and quizzes are grouped together and the lowest 3 grades are dropped.
- WeBWorK: WeBWorK is an online homework delivery system. The system is accessible at WeBWorK. Your login name is set to your bergen email and your password is set to your student id number without the leading zero. For example, John Doe with student id number 075849 and email email@example.com has login name firstname.lastname@example.org and password 75849. Once logged in you can change your password.
- Homework must be completed on a printed version of the posted assignment found here: Homework.
- Your homework is partly graded on exposition. Certainly no points will be awarded for illegible homework. To avoid point deductions associated with exposition, make sure your homework is legible, well-organized, and demonstrates control of mathematical notation. Here are some examples of where you can lose points: forgetting to staple your assignment, forgetting to write your name, scratch outs, scribbles, using lined paper, using spiral bound paper, not showing enough work, doodling, etc…
- Homework is due at the beginning of class, on the second class meeting after it’s assigned. Homework submitted after the first 5 minutes of class will be penalized 20%. Homework will not be accepted if it is not submitted in class or by email within the time frame of the class, on the day it is due.
- Quizzes: Quizzes will be announced.
Exams: Exams are closed book.
Final Exam: The final exam is comprehensive.
Additional Support: The college provides one-on-one tutoring at the Henry and Edith Cerullo Learning Assistance Center, located in room L-125. The college also offers Walk-in tutoring in room L-131.
Calculators: Calculators, unless otherwise stated, are not allowed on exams or quizzes.
Attendance: Attendance is maintained.
Make-ups: If you are to miss an exam for a valid reason and you let me know well in advance (preferably 12 hours before the exam is administered), then you will be given a make-up exam. If you miss more than 2 exams, you will receive an F for the course. You are strongly advised to make every effort to take the exam on the day it is administered. Make up exams contain problems different from, and generally harder than, those given on the original exams.
Extra Credit: There is no extra credit.
Cell phones and smart watches: At all times during class (not during breaks), cell phones and smart watches must be turned off and put away.