- 1 | Functions and Their Graphs
- 2 | Polynomial and Rational Functions
- 3 | Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- 4 | Trigonometry
- 5 | Analytic Trigonometry
- MAT 180: The SandBox
- MAT 180: Homework
- MAT 180: Quizzes
- MAT 180: Exams
- Trigonometric Identities
- Logarithmic Properties
- The Unit Circle
- MAT-180-103 10:30pm – 4:00pm (19 minute break) Room: B-320
Final Exam: August 14, 2014
|3 In-Class Exams||60%|
WeBWorK, Homework, Quizzes: WeBWorK, homework, and quizzes are grouped together and the lowest 3 grades are dropped.
- WeBWorK: WeBWorK is an online homework delivery system. The system is accessible at WeBWorK. Your login name starts with your first initial concatenated with your last name, followed by your student id number without the leading zero (everything in lowercase). Your login password is your student ID number without the leading zero. For example, a student named John Doe with student ID number 078346, has login name jdoe78346 and password 78346. Once logged in you can change the password.
- Homework must be completed on a printed version of the posted assignment found here: Homework.
- Your homework is partly graded on exposition. Appropriate deductions will be made; certainly no points will be awarded for homework which is illegible. To avoid point deductions associated with exposition, make sure your homework is legible, well-organized, and demonstrates control of mathematical notation. Here are some examples of where you can lose points: forgetting to staple your assignment, forgetting to write your name, scratch outs, scribbles, using lined paper, using spiral bound paper, not showing enough work, doodling, etc…
- Homework will be due at the beginning of class, on the second class meeting after it’s assigned. Homework submitted after the first 5 minutes of class will be penalized 20%. Homework will not be accepted if it is not submitted in class or by email (within the time frame of the class previously discussed) on the day it is due.
- Quizzes: Quizzes will be announced.
3 In-Class Exams: Exams are closed book.
Final Exam: The final exam is comprehensive.
Additional Support: The college provides one-on-one tutoring at the Henry and Edith Cerullo Learning Assistance Center, located in room L-125. The college also offers Walk-in tutoring in room A-113.
Calculators: Calculators, unless otherwise stated, are not allowed on exams or quizzes.
Attendance: Attendance is maintained.
Make-ups: If you miss an in-class exam, for whatever reason, your final exam grade will count towards that missed exam. That is, your final exam grade will account for 45% of your final course grade. Your final exam will also consist of a few extra problems from topics covered on the missed exam.
Extra Credit: There is no extra credit.
Cell phones: At all times during class (not on the breaks), cell phones should not only not be out, they should not even be on.